Areas of Responsibility:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Certified four star Service and by exceeding guest expectations.
• Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
• Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
• Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate.
• Performs other duties as required
Provides food and beverage service to guests in the restaurant
• Provides guest with overview of menu choices
• Takes guest’s order – provides explanation of menu as appropriate
• Prepares order for presentation to guest
• Replenishes water
• Makes and pours coffee for the customers
• Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware
• Cleans tables, chairs and floor area
• Re-sets table quickly
• Polishes silver and folds linens
• Assists service team as necessary to meet and exceed the guests’ expectations
• All other duties as required
Sets up beverage stations for appropriate shift by:
• Brewing coffee
• Setting out condiments as appropriate
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customer and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Point of Sale… Skilled in utilization of point of sale systems and/or other back-of the house systems.
Upselling… Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives.