Website Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Science Centre
Purpose: To create 100% Guest Satisfaction by providing Food & Beverage service to Starbucks Guests
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Assists the Manager in their absence with the day-to-day operations and makes decisions within the department including labor, customer experiences and sanitation to ensure profitability through presentation, guest service, and daily operational cost control
Support the Manager to select, hire, train, lead and manage staff
Build check averages and guest counts to support sales and most important of all…. build relationships with guests
Uphold our exceptional standards for customer service while maintaining proper staffing & meeting labor targets
Ensure the full execution of running quality shifts, driving sales and profit performance of the restaurant is consistently achieved.
Control inventory, respond to customer complaints, and ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Canad Inns
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customer and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Point of Sale… Skilled in utilization of point of sale systems and/or other back-of the house systems.
Upselling… Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives.
- Employee Canadvantage Rewards Program,
- Employee Discounts, including meal, room rates, and more!
- Educational “Scholarships” and financial assistance.
- Employee Events including Staff BBQs, Holiday Parties, Sporting Events, Contests, Prize Draws and more!
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Wages
- MB Largest Hospitality provider Headquartered in Winnipeg provides opportunities for growth