Website Canad Inns Destination Centre Brandon
Canad Inns Purpose: To create 100% Guest Satisfaction by providing Excellent Customer service to All guests At All Times
Under the direct supervision of the Department Manager, will display concise communication skills and abilities; General knowledge of hotel procedures and practices, including LGA regulations; Work with the public in a calm professional demeanor; Ensure cash-outs and deposits are processed accurately; Recognize and resolve problems quickly and effectively; Supervise and assist personnel; Assist and aid guest requests as needed; Professionally manage complaints to guest and hotel satisfaction; and Support guests and staff at all times. Other duties will include:
- The Night Watchman will patrol the Destination Centre and will assist guests staying in the Destination Centre with any room/security requests.
- The Night Watchman will assist guests during any accidents or emergency situations
- The Night Watchman will attend to any guest disturbances and will be responsible for making the decision, in conjunction with the Department Manager/General Manager, as to guest evictions as required.
- The Night Watchman will conduct investigations, gather information and write reports.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- The ability to acquire “Serving it Safe” certification, a recent police Criminal Record Check, and the completion of “Manitoba’s Problem Gambling Assistance Training Program” will be required.
- Valid Manitoba Security Guard license is required.
- Must have the ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Good organizational and management skills and the ability to work efficiently in a challenging, customer-service oriented atmosphere will be required; Candidates must be able to stretch and bend frequently; Deal with loud noises, large crowds and potentially upset guests in a fast-paced often demanding environment; lift, balance and carry heavy loads; stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for entire duration of shift while working quickly and efficiently.
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customer and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attention to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e., food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Organization… Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources and time.
- Employee Canadvantage Rewards Program,
- Employee Discounts, including meal, room rates, and more!
- Educational “Scholarships” and financial assistance.
- Employee Events including Staff BBQs, Holiday Parties, Sporting Events, Contests, Prize Draws and more!
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Wages
- Career Growth Opportunities
- MB Largest Hospitality provider Headquartered in Winnipeg provides opportunities for growth