Under the direction of the Vice President of Revenue Management, the Corporate Housekeeping Manager will provide leadership, direction, and ongoing training to all Canad Inns Destination Centre’s housekeeping Managers and Supervisors. The Corporate Housekeeping Manager will ensure the development of Housekeeping Supervisors, create and foster a positive team-oriented environment while meeting property and guest satisfaction thresholds. This is a hands-on position which includes the management and operation of the housekeeping service team in a designated property.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Prepare training program for Housekeeping Managers and room/house/laundry attendants. Ensure training program and curriculum are based on identified learning needs to address the competency/skills gap needed by the employees/managers to perform their current task.
- Prepare visual training programs to facilitate language barriers.
- Review each destinations inventory counts ensuring compliance with standardized par levels and maintained, ensure all destinations centres are ordering from the approved supply/standards list
- Monitor Brand Quality Assurance Programs to ensure consistency of room make up, laundry and public area cleaning standards.
- Monitor room demand work orders and work collectively and cooperatively with the housekeeping teams to ensure deficiencies are being noted and followed up on.
- Monitor Medallia surveys and identify opportunities on room and hotel cleanliness through guest comments
- Participate in the rooms committee monthly meetings to provide updates on housekeeping performance as it relates to CPOR, PAR levels, training, room checks and audits, staffing and equipment.
- Work with Housekeeping Managers on setting and achieving departmental goals.
- Participate in identified learning webinars, seminars and workshops to remain current with industry standards/practices.
- Implement and Manager Housekeeping Incentive programs as it relates to productivity and performance standards.
- Maestro PMS
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Yield management system
- Hippo FM
- Company issued electronic mail systems
- Canad Inns Employee Scheduling system[s]
- Ability to travel between all Canad Inns properties as required including Brandon, Portage, Grand Forks, ND
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications
- Articulate and confident presenting to large audiences
- Organized, a self-starter and an inspirational leader of your team
- Must have effective verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of management development and soft skills training
- Experience of designing and delivering a variety of training solutions
- Post-secondary business or hospitality/tourism training is considered an asset
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Flexibility in schedule
- Overtime as required