To supervise and assist in the set up and break down of meetings, conventions and banquets based on event orders and guest needs.
Areas of Responsibility:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Four Star service and by exceeding guest expectations
• Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
• Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
• Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
• Performs other duties as required to provide Canad Four Star service
Maximizes guest satisfaction by executing detailed instructions for all assigned meetings, conventions and banquets
• Establishes professional and courteous rapport with guests to maximize satisfaction and repeat business
• Coordinates servicing of special guest requirements through other departments and outside sources as required
• Maximizes guest comfort by monitoring lighting, temperature, maintenance and sanitation
Sets up furniture, seating and equipment according to event orders and/or directions from supervisor
• Maintains general upkeep of function rooms and related public areas
• Ensures that floors, walls, and equipment are clean in function rooms
• Removes debris from public areas
• Stores all banquet furniture and equipment following event
• Maintains all Banquet Department equipment, storage and work areas properly; reports any equipment in need of repair or replacement
• All other duties as required
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the (internal/external) guest and meet the needs of both the guest and the company.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Point of Sale… Skilled in utilization of point of sale systems and/or other back-of-house systems.
Upselling… Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives.
Canad Inns is an equal opportunity employer and will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, aboriginal ancestry, and persons with disabilities. Please note all employee applicants must be in good standing that have 90 days or more of continuous service time. Internal Applications without your immediate manager and the General Manager’s signature will NOT be accepted. For further information please review the Transfer Policy on staff website. All successful internal applicants will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.