|Purpose: To create 100% Guest Satisfaction by providing Excellent service to All guests|
|Areas of Responsibility:|
|Working closely with the General Manager and other managers as a hands-on employee, you will support all aspects of Banquets operations to organize and execute successful events, conventions, meetings and functions for all guests.
Specific expectations and duties of the Banquet Manager include:
· Ensuring all details and services for meetings, conventions, catering and coordinating events are completed and executed based on client requests;
· Analyze banquet event orders, communicate effectively with customers, managers, and employees to ensure that all room setups, equipment, supplies staffing and menus meet/exceed customers’ expectations;
· Supervise day to day activities of the Banquet Department, communicate objectives and schedule/assign work;
· Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their jobs;
· Monitors and control the banquet budget (i.e., labor costs, department costs, supplies and equipment and coordinate with event budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while provide quality guest service;
· Resolve daily operational problems through consistent monitoring of banquet operations to ensure compliance with Canad 4-Star Standards, safety and security regulations, and to maintain the highest level of service, quality, and hospitality;
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Attend all leadership, operational, management and banquet event meetings as required
· Your previous hospitality, banquet and/or catering work experience will be considered an asset when you are considered for this position.
We truly believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our company’s forward-thinking management and potential for future advancement make it an excellent career opportunity for any innovative and goal-oriented individual. If this describes you, apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customer and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Build Strong Relationships… Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
Improve Continuously… Constantly assess and adapt current practices to perform a task better, faster, or more efficiently.
Demonstrate Openness and Respect for Others… Value and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
Develop Self and Others… Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
|Key Skills and Requirements:|
|Organization… Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources and time.
Stand-up and/or One-on-one Training… Skilled in the use of techniques and strategies required to deliver training material in group and one-on-one settings.
Payroll Control and Scheduling …Determine appropriate staffing levels based on forecasted revenue and anticipated business and create staffing schedules which optimize the balance between desired profitability, customer demands and employee desires.
Performance Management, Supervisory…Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
Menu Content and Impact …Understand different types of cuisine and wine, how menus are developed and pricing guidelines and how each outlet can improve