Purpose: To create 100% Guest Satisfaction by providing beverage service to the guests
Areas of Responsibility:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Four Star Service and by exceeding guest expectations
• Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
• Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
• Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
• Performs other duties as required to provide Canad Four Star Service
Provides prompt, quality service to the guest by preparing beverages and serving guests in accordance with Canad Inns standards
• Provides service to guest by suggesting a cocktail/wine or non-alcoholic beverages and upselling to premium products as appropriate
• Maintains par levels of beverages and glassware at all times; displays beverages in an attractive fashion
• Maintains cleanliness of bar at all times
• Maintains knowledge of bar inventory and wine selection to respond properly to customer questions
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes and mixing procedures
• All other duties as required
Adheres to legal and/or Canad Inns policies and standards
• Understands and follows the laws and guidelines for beverage service
• Handles cash, checks and/or credit cards in accordance with Canad Inns policies
• Records accurate consumption at the end of each function and reports to supervisor
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external guest and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Point of Sale… Skilled in utilization of point of sale systems and/or other back-of the house systems.
Upselling… Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives.
Canad Inns is an equal opportunity employer and will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, aboriginal ancestry, and persons with disabilities. Please note all employee applicants must be in good standing that have 90 days or more of continuous service time. Internal Applications without your immediate manager and the General Manager’s signature will NOT be accepted. For further information please review the Transfer Policy on staff website. All successful internal applicants will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.