Website Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park
The primary purpose of the position is to maintain excellent banquet operations to ensure guest satisfaction. The Assistant Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Banquet Manager or Food and Beverage Manager, and will work closely with the sales department and Executive Chef to organize and coordinate all events. The Assistant Manager will attend leadership, department and banquet event meetings. The Assistant Manager will work with the Sales Manager, General Manager and Assistant GM with all major client relations. The Assistant Manager will participate in community and volunteer events. The Assistant Manager is expected to provide prompt, courteous, friendly and professional service to all Banquet guests and Banquet employees at all times. The Assistant Manager is responsible for maintaining superior quality service for guests. Performing their jobs on a daily basis, they are required to be detailed in every aspect of their work while maintaining an efficient pace. The Assistant Manager will adhere to all rules and guidelines as set to all Banquet personnel.
Adhere to all LGA regulations governing the service of alcohol, that are appropriate to the position and all other government codes and regulations.
- Anticipate and tend to all guest needs;
- Assist with the development of cost control systems to reduce waste in food, supplies, and labour;
- Balance bills;
- Brief all employees as a team leader;
- Check all function rooms to ensure they are ready, with all equipment in good working order;
- Communicate regularly with Captains, Manager, Executive Chef and sales department to discuss upcoming events, menu needs and guest requests;
- Consistently observe to ensure all operations run smoothly;
- Greet the contact persons and ensure all needs and expectations are met;
- Liaise with all goods and service suppliers;
- Promote and maintain exceptional customer service standards;
- Reinforce a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness, and food safety standards.
- Can acquire Criminal Background Check and Smart Choices certificate;
- Clean, with good hygiene habits;
- Communicates both verbally and in writing;
- Confident and assertive;
- Detail-oriented and artistic;
- Enjoys meeting and talking with different people;
- Experience in a similar work environment;
- Extroverted personality;
- General knowledge of banquet and conference procedures and the hospitality industry;
- Leadership skills;
- Multi-tasks efficiently;
- Organized, accurate and reliable;
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision;
- Professional attitude and expectations;
- Positive and upbeat attitude and demeanour;
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently;
- Strong mathematics and basic computer skills;
- Works in a team environment;
- Works with the public in a calm, courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Bend and stretch frequently;
- Deal with loud noises, large crowds and potentially upset guests;
- Handle a fast-paced environment that is often demanding;
- Learn facility layout, audio/visual equipment standards, and set-up layouts;
- Lift, balance and carry trays of up to 20 lbs over extended periods of time;
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, praise and discipline employees;
- Stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for entire shift duration;
- Work quickly and quietly.
All job descriptions are subject to a periodic review. Other duties will be assigned occasionally by management. Changes will be discussed prior to or at the time of amendment.